Hey everyone! Merry Christmas for those who’s celebrating! I hope you’re having a great one! I’m so excited that we’re getting closer to 2019. Aside from major planning that I have for my blog, I started a book club with the lovely Lili @ Lili’s Blissful Pages called Diverse Divers. Our main goal is to connect readers from all over the world who are willing to support diversity in stories. If you support this idea and want to read more diverse books in 2019, then you can join us on our Goodreads’ group or follow us on Twitter for more daily updates! We are planning to read one diverse book each month, along with discussion, reading sprints, post link-ups, prompts and possible moviethon if the book got adapted into a movie! And I’m so excited to announce that based on the polling that we did last week, our book of the month for January 2019 is Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy!
As I previously said, we’re going to have discussions, reading sprints, post link-ups, prompts and moviethon! Read more for further details of each events!
There will be two types of discussion. Feel free to choose whichever suits you the best!
- A throughout the month discussion
If you wish to have a casual discussion that last throughout the month (24/7), feel free to join us here! There will be a spoiler-free and spoilery threads, so no worries!
- A bi-monthly discussion (Jan 13 and Jan 27)
If you wish to have a more intense discussion with the rest of the reader, feel free to join us here! We will discuss the first half of the book (Chapter 1-31) on Jan 13 and the rest of the book (Chapter 32-61) on Jan 27.
For those who wants reading buddies and having quick chat about the book, feel free to join us on our reading sprint every Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun at 8-9 p.m. (GMT +8) on Twitter. You can share how many pages you are in, how do you feel so far about the book, what do you think of characters, or just about anything, really! We don’t mind!
Lili and I will publish our blog post after we completed the bi-monthly discussions. For those who wants to write a post about the discussed book, you can join our link-ups to share your post with other readers! This is a great way to connect with fellow bloggers and increase your blog engagement. We will also share some of the post on our Twitter account! Here is a series of options that you can choose to write, you can write one of these topic or if you’re feeling enthusiastic, you can combine a few of these topics into one single post! The possibilities are endless!
- A review about the book
- What you like & don’t like about the book
- A creative post (aesthetic board, printable graphic, playlist, etc!)
- A book & movie comparison
- Bonus: Answering our prompts!
For those who’s not sure about what to write in a post, you can answer a series of questions that we’re giving to you! You don’t have to answer all of these questions, of course, so no pressure at all!
- What did you like best and least about this book?
- Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out?
- What did you think of the book’s length? If it’s too long, what would you cut? If too short, what would you add?
- If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
- Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
- Which places in the book would you most like to visit?
- What do you think of the book’s title? How does it relate to the book’s contents? What other title might you choose?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he or she trying to get across?
- How original and unique was this book?
- Did the characters seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone?
We’re planning on doing a moviethon since this book got adapted into a movie. However, we’re still trying to figure out the ideal date and how are we going to watch and discuss it. We’ll update once we can figure everything out, so stay tune!
Doesn’t have access for the book?
If you’re looking forward to join and read Dumplin’ along with us but doesn’t have access for the book, you can read the book for free by using an app called AnyBooks! This is where I’ll read mine too! Unfortunately, this app is only available on Android. So, please let me know if there’s any app that Apple users can use to read this book!
Banner + Button
This is our banner for January 2019 that you may use in your blog post!
And this is our book club button that you may use in your blog sidebar!
And that’s it! If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to hit us up on Twitter or on our Goodreads’ group! We’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve our book club and enhance experiences for every members possible! Until next time! I’ll see you in January once we started Dumplin’!