More award post! Wohoo! This time, I got nominated by Gina @ Smith Lifestyle Blog, so thank you so much for thinking of me and my lil blog, Gina! Gina writes all about lifestyle-related posts, so if you haven’t got a chance to check out Gina’s blog, you definitely should do it now! Anyway, Blogger Recognition Award is an award where you can share the story of how you started as a blogger and also some tips that you want to share for new fellow bloggers.
How I Started As A Blogger
I started blogging when I was 14 (I think I’ve mentioned this over and over again in other posts). It was a personal blog. No niche, whatsoever. Just me, writing anything that came to my head (I still am now, though) and having fun browsing all the free themes on internet to make the blog looks pretty. The most fun part for being a blogger during this time is you don’t have to stress out about your social media presence, because there is no social media! Well, of course there is Facebook and other stuff, but to promote your blog on those platform is not quite a thing yet. However, the engagement over the blogging community during this time was still just insane. I’m sure everyone is pretty much blogwalking whenever they got a chance to do so. I learn so much from this community back then, because everyone is so welcome and generous about teaching others. I got my first gig for a sponsored post, following by bunch of other paid to post offers. Honestly, it’s the best thing that could ever happened to a 14 years old and I couldn’t be more grateful.
Anyway, I blog for couple years, up until I was about to graduate from high school. I took a long break from blogging when I started college and this break continued for about five years. I finally decided to started blogging again earlier this year, so I bought a domain and choose Blogger as my blog platform. However, I didn’t started until August (shame on me!) because I overthink about my niche. Finally, I made my decision on September. I decided to move to WordPress and went self-hosted. I still keep the same domain name, though. And here we are! I’m still a bit lost whenever people ask me what kind of blogger I am, because this blog is not a personal one but it’s pretty much all over the place. A lifestyle blog? Not sure. I don’t write much about my life except for books and movies. But for now, I guess it’s such a small, insignificant thing to label yourself and stress over a certain word, just to make yourself fit in. So what if I’m not this blogger or that blogger? The most important thing is I get to do what I love to do and meet others who loves to do the same thing, right?
Two Advice for New Bloggers
I don’t considered myself to be experienced enough for giving advice, but there are some tips that I can share to anyone who just started their blog!
- Stop worrying and start doing. This is pretty much what I’d say to my past self. I worried about so many things even before I was started and it postponing me from starting the actual blog. You might not figured out everything when you first started and that’s totally okay. Stop stressing out about your blog name, your blog niche, your brand, your theme, your social media presence, etc etc. No one started out perfectly and it’s fine. You’ll figure out everything along the way, trust me.
- Engage in the community. There are so many amazing bloggers that you can learn a lot from, even get some inspiration. But, to be able to get all of these, you gotta start giving as well. You can’t just expect to get audience and readers for your blog if you’re not an audience and reader as well in the first place. You get what you give! And isn’t it amazing to gain friends that has the same interest with you? Trust me, this whole blogging thing if so much fun when you have friends by your side, especially those who’s sincere and genuinely loves your blog.
And that’s a wrap! I’d like to nominate this award to these 15 bloggers, as I’m curious about how they started as a blogger!
- Abby @ Abby Clare
- Bailey @ Bailey Leah
- Becca @ Pretty Little Memoirs
- Eefie @ Eefie’s Beautiful Mess
- Hannah @ Hannah Lily Brenton
- Inah @ The Bibliophile Confessions
- Janja @ Seeking Wonderful
- Justine @ Bookish Wisps
- Lili @ Lili’s Blissful Pages
- Mary @ Mary Chronicles
- Mervilyn @ Merv Reads
- Polly @ Polly’s Pad
- Sheyvel @ An Introverted World
- Tara @ Blog About A Latte
- Taylor @ Mums the Word
Original image belongs to Lauren Mancke on Unsplash. *This mark link with affiliate code. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. This does not impact my reviews and opinions about the products.