Sunday Showdown is a weekly meme hosted by Vinny @ Artsy Draft which based on the Letterboxd’s weekly showdown. It allows the participants to share their top # (5, 10, 20 or maybe more!) movies based on the certain weekly theme. Additional of quick reviews + explanation about the list is more than welcome, as the purpose of this meme is to discuss about our interest for movies, encourage a fun discussion in the community and share about incredible movies so others can see them as well and perhaps watch them too!
“Our enjoyment of film can be as much about what we hear as what we see. For this Showdown we’d like your top ten favorite instrumental film scores, from Air’s indelible music for The Virgin Suicides to Zimmer’s soundtracks for countless summer blockbusters. Scores with vocals are fine to include, but we’re after a single composer or band’s vision rather than compiled soundtracks by various artists. Dials to eleven and let’s go…” –Letterboxd
1. Harry Potter (2001)Let’s all admit it. We gave and dedicated our entire soul to this franchise the first time we heard that dainty bell sound at the intro of Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone. Everything is just so magical.
2. Up (2009)You remember that exact moment where we saw little Carl and Ellie growing up and going through every phases of their live together and it’s all sunshine and butterfly and the soundtrack is happy and cheery and their life is all perfect but then we got a scene where problem started to appear and the soundtrack started to change and fade and then it’s just silence at the end. It hits me.
3. Whiplash (2014)You’d be lying if you say that you didn’t get at least a small amount of motivation to work harder in your life after watching this movie. The tempo definitely pumped my excitement.
4. Swiss Army Man (2016)This movie will always be my favorite weird movie, not just because its comedy, but also its amazing soundtracks. I laughed 90% of the time and I didn’t even know what’s going on.
5. Spider-Man (2002)I probably just chilling in my room, minded my own business. And I heard the soundtrack of this franchise from the living room because my dad keep jumping from one channel to another. And the next thing you know, I stormed out and ran to the living room like my life depends on it, even after I watched it for the millionth time.
6. Jurassic Park (1993)This movie got one of those soundtrack that made the (original) movie looks hundreds time more magical than it already is. Childhood me used to believe that dinosaurs still live somewhere, though.
7. Pulp Fiction (1994)Okay, but let’s agree this movie deserves a place when it comes to a list like this.
8. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)This movie has too many awesome soundtracks and let me just say, Sex Bob-Omb needs to happened in real life. Besides, you got to see Captain America’s alter personality too.
9. The Shining (1980)You know you’re deeply fall for this movie when you watched Ready Player One and The Shining’s scene started and you heard the soundtrack and you thought to yourself, “Hmm, I need to re-watch this movie once I get home.”.
10. Sing Street (2016)This is the reincarnation of 80’s gems that actually happened in this decade and I’ll always forever grateful for its existence.
You can check the original list that I created here. And those are my picks for this week’s showdown! I had around 15-20 movies when I started the list, but these 10 movies are definitely my most favorite! You’re more than welcome to do this meme on your blog. Since this is the first time I hosted a meme on this blog, to be honest, it feels a bit overwhelmed. I’m thinking about making a link-up so people can link their own post and also creating a blog button to be used whether on the actual post or on the sidebar. But anyway, it is what it is for this first episode!
If you enjoy this post, please pin & share it! ♥
Now, my questions are:
- Have you watched any of these movies? If so, what do you think of it?
- What are your picks for this week’s showdown?